Benefit of learning a second language:
Chinese and Spanish are the two most common native languages in the world, with about 1.2 billion people speaking Chinese and 400 million speaking Spanish.
Learning a second language helps connect a student with the rest of the world, and provides numerous benefits to the brain.
Many scientific studies have been done on the advantages of being bilingual. Learning more than one language increases the size of the hippocampus (the area responsible for creating, storing and playing back memories). It also provides numerous other benefits including increasing intelligence, multi-tasking, and reducing the effects of aging. Other studies have shown that people who know a second language (polyglots):
- have higher IQs and intelligence (languages can actually increase the IQ)
- are better at multi-tasking, planning, prioritizing, and decision making
- score higher on standardized tests, such as the SAT and ACT test
- have enhanced cognitive development
- are better able to understand other points of view
- can focus and concentrate better
- are more willing to pursue of long term goals as opposed to short term goals
- experience the onset of Alzheimer’s and dementia at a later age than single language adults
- increase their memory and memorization capabilities
- have better self-confidence and higher academic performance
- enhances career opportunities and opens their minds
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy
Pinnacle Learning admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and all other school administered programs.
If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.